The Office of the Registrar General is a regulator and policy and legal advisor working to ensure the integrity of the NSW land title system.
The Office of the Registrar General regulates the private operator of the land title business under a 35-year concession to ensure the integrity, security, performance and availability of the NSW land titles system.
The Office of the Registrar General’s responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the legislative and policy framework for land title registration, conveyancing and property development in NSW
- Providing advice on land title policy and legal matters and administrating the Torrens Assurance Fund
- Monitoring and enforcing the private operator's performance in operating titling and registry services
- Providing independent arbitration of disputed title boundaries
- Driving economic reforms in land titling such as e-conveyancing
For advice on land title policy and legal matters and administrating the Torrens Assurance Fund, please call 1300 318 998 or email ORG.Admin@finance.nsw.gov.au
Visit the Office of the Registrar General website at www.registrargeneral.nsw.gov.au