The NSW Data Analytics Centre facilitates data sharing between agencies to inform more efficient, strategic, whole-of-government evidence based decision making. It does that by leveraging internal and external partnerships so that the right capabilities, tools and technologies are applied. The key functions of the DAC include:
- Deliver priority analytics projects using whole of government data in a secure environment
- Advise on NSW government challenges and potential solutions using data analytics
- Manage a secure environment for data sharing
- Establish and maintain a register of data assets
- Coordinate consistent data management definitions and standards
- Advise on making de-identified data open to the public
- Advise on best practice data analytics, cyber security and privacy measures
The Data Analytics Centre (DAC) was announced in August 2015 by the Minister for Innovation and Better Regulation, the Hon. Victor Dominello, MP.
The DAC has been established within the NSW Department of Finance, Services and Innovation (DFSI). It aims to be a world leader in the application of whole of government data analytics and insights to support strategic decision making and improved service delivery.
The DAC will leverage world class data collection tools and analytic expertise, providing the opportunity to overcome the silos and duplication that currently exist across government agencies.
You can also visit the NSW ICT Strategy website for further information about NSW Data Analytics Centre www.finance.nsw.gov.au/ict/nsw-data-analytics-centre.