You have the right to know the information that we collect about you, the purpose for which the information is collected, how the information is used and to whom, if anyone, the information is disclosed.
Our privacy standards are set out in the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (PPIP Act) and the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (HRIP Act).
For further information on the Department of Finance, Services and Innovation’s privacy practices, please read:
- our privacy management plan which is an expanded explanation of how the Department of Finance, Services and Innovation (DFSI) protects and handles your personal and health information
- our website privacy notice for information on what we collect from and/or about users of this website and what we do with this information
Some parts of DFSI also have their own privacy management plans or privacy codes of practice. You can see those here:
- SIRA (State Insurance Regulatory Authority) Privacy Management Plan
- SafeWork NSW Privacy Management Plan
- NSW Fair Trading Privacy Code of Practice (currently under review)
If you believe your privacy has been breached through actions by DFSI, you can apply for an internal review of the conduct that led to the breach. Please see information about making a complaint on the Information and Privacy Commission (IPC) website. If you decide to lodge a request for a privacy internal review, please complete the IPC’s generic form and lodge it with DFSI’s GIPA and Privacy team:
Phone: 02 9619 8672
Mail: Level 22, McKell Building, 2-24 Rawson Pl, Sydney NSW 2000
Visit: Documents, enquiries or complaints can be lodged via any Service NSW centre. The Service NSW centre locator can be found on their website or by contacting 13 77 88.